IB TOK - Teacher Support Pack - Introduction and Unit 1: Knowledge of knowledge
This Teacher Support Pack is designed to assist you in the teaching of Unit 1, Knowledge of knowledge. It includes 10 lessons. As a bonus, we are also including 3 lessons of the Introduction for FREE.
Here are the TOP 3 reasons why you may want to buy this Teacher Support Pack:
With our teacher support packs, you buy yourself valuable time
All of our TSPs come with everything you need to teach the unit:
- Unit plan and lesson plans
- A student workbook where they take notes, write answers and do activities
- The teacher’s version of the same workbook, with suggested answers and teaching tips included
- PowerPoint presentations
- Activity resources (such as quizzes, handouts, in-class experiments)
The Teacher Support Pack saves you a lot of planning time! The idea is to give you 100 % ready made materials required for each lesson. Check out our free TSPs for Bias in Personal Knowledge and Knowledge and Technology.
With our teacher support packs, you buy great teaching ideas
We have included a variety of activities to cater to all learning needs and styles:
- Purely discussion-based activities (such as debates, discussions with a verdict, mingling activities, court role-plays) as well as more structured activities (such as jigsaw reading, unscrambling tasks, gallery walks)
- Activities designed for different levels of learning: basic understanding of key concepts (such as revision quizzes, guessing games, sorting tasks) and higher-level skills of formulating arguments and connecting ideas (such as formulating implications, designing mind-maps, criticizing examples, debates)
- Activities designed to develop skills necessary for final assessment (TOK essay and TOK exhibition)
- Activities designed to explore students’ creative side, such as TOK freestyle rap or explaining TOK in a text message to your parents.
In the design of lessons, we follow the CHACER model that is based on modern pedagogical principles. Each lesson is designed so that students gradually move through three levels of learning: (1) knowledge and comprehension, (2) understanding and application, (3) thinking in the abstract. Each lesson has differentiation built into it.
Look at our lessons and use as is, or draw inspiration from them and design your own!
If necessary, you can easily combine our materials with your own
Everything in our Teacher Support Packs is customizable should you wish to change it. We have included editable versions of all documents. Lesson plans are designed in such a way that you can regulate the amount of time spent on each activity, depending on your class dynamic. Different activities will cater to different learning preferences.
There’s always a little more than necessary so that you have some flexibility of choice!
What is covered in this Teacher Support Pack:
Introduction (FREE bonus)
- Lesson 1: What is TOK?
- Lesson 2: Elements of TOK
- Lesson 3: Knowledge framework
Unit 1: Knowledge of knowledge
- Lesson 1: Meaningful doubt
- Lesson 2: Forms of meaningful doubt
- Lesson 3: Justification
- Lesson 4: Standards of justification
- Lesson 5: Theories of truth
- Lesson 6: Tests for truth
- Lesson 7: JTB
- Lesson 8: Problems with JTB
- Lesson 9: Knowledge questions and claims (part 1)
- Lesson 10: Knowledge questions and claims (part 2)
Don’t forget to read about our textbook and see the full range of currently available resources in our store.
Don’t forget to download the free preview of our textbook.
Prepared by an experienced TOK teacher, IB author, examiner and workshop leader, Alexey Popov.
- Author: Alexey Popov
- Status: Available now
- Delivery: Instant download
- Format: Digital (.pdf, .ppt, .docx, .mp4)
- License: School*