IB Psychology - A Student's Guide - Chapter 5: Love & Marriage
Author: Travis Dixon
Status: Available now
Delivery: Instant download
Format: Digital (PDF)
Are you teaching Human Relationships? Looking for new ideas?
Like all themantic materials, this Love and Marriage chapter is based on addressing real world problems and issues that are meaningful and relevant for students. In this chapter, some of the big questions include:
- Why do people fall in love?
- Why do people get divorced?
- How can we maintain a happy marriage?
- Are arranged marriages healthy?
This digital copy of Chapter Five from our textbook (IB Psychology: A Student's Guide) covers these big questions that will be inherently interesting for students, relevant for their lives now and in the future, and will help give them the knowledge and skills needed to ace their IB Psychology exams.
If you're not sure whether to try the themantic approach to IB Psychology and you want to trial our textbook, the Love and Marriage unit gives you the perfect opportunity. In about 15 lessons your students will master the following topics:
- Personal relationships (Human Relationships)
- Formation of relationships (Human Relationships)
- Communication and relationships (Human Relationships)
- Why relationships change or end (Human Relationships)
- Hormones (Biological Approach)
- Pheromones (Biological Approach)
- Evolution (Biological Approach)
- Cultural Origins (Sociocultural Approach)
- Cultural Influences (Sociocultural Approach)
- Cultural dimensions (Sociocultural Approach
You can see that by integrating the optional Human Relationships topic and the core approaches, we can explore topics in more depth and in less time. This will reduce content, increase understanding, make revision for students easier and give them more options for the exams. This is how we're increasing student success with the themantic approach to teaching and curriculum design.
We know that there will be definitely be one Paper Two exam question on of the topics included in this unit, so there's no risk in trying the popular thematic/themantic approach.
BUY YOURSELF SOME TIME WITH OUR TEACHER SUPPORT PACK...
You can also use this digital chapter along with our support pack for this unit. This way you can trial Themantic Education's textbook and support resources without committing to the entire book. You'll also give yourself 15-20 hours where all the prep' and planning is taken care of and so you can take a well-deserved break.