IB Psychology Teachers Workshop - Florida, USA
Date: Weds-Fri, July 17th-19th, 2019
Location: Venice, Florida, USA (Venice High School)
Price: $349 p/p (USD)
Host: Travis Dixon (IB Psychology Teacher, Workshop Leader, Examiner, Author)
Registration: Closes Tuesday, May 15th, 2018
Please contact us if you have any questions.
(Due to travel costs, a minimum of 10 participants will be required for the workshop to be confirmed - we will confirm the status of the workshop on May 15th based on registrations - please wait until after confirmation before making non-refundable flight or accommodation reservations).
- New to IB Psych' and want some help?
- Or are you an experienced teacher who just wants a fresh insight on things and a few new exam tips?
- Are you thinking that you're just staying afloat, or maybe feel like you're drowning, and you want more out of the course?
- Are you worried your students won't be prepared for their exams?
- Frustrated that you're not getting more 7s?
- Curious about the thematic/themantic approach but not brave enough to take the plunge?
- Maybe you're using ThemEd resources already and have a few questions?
If any of this sounds like you, our first US-based three day workshop would be perfect for you. In three days we will answer all the questions that new and old IB Psychology teachers have, for a fraction of the cost of an IB-hosted workshop.*
Workshop Mission: To gain a better understanding of the IB Psychology course so we can reduce stress, build confidence, increase effectiveness and enjoyment of teaching while getting our kids ready for future success, both in exams and in life.
Travis has spent years trying to decipher the clues and codes of the IB Psychology course requirements and now he feels he has plenty to share with other teachers that will help them enjoy teaching the course a lot more, while still keeping students engaged and ready for exam success.
- Snacks, coffees and lunch
- Teachers workbook (digital and hard copy)
- Heaps of free teaching resources and ideas
Teachers must make own travel and accommodation arrangements.
Over 12 sessions from 9am - 4:30pm, we will cover:
- Paper 1, 2 and 3
- Decoding the new curriculum
- Tips for developing critical thinking
- IA and EE tips
*This is not an official IB workshop and is run independently of the IB organization. Participation in this workshop will not count towards IB accreditation requirements (we're obligated by IB to remind everyone of this :) )
Subscribe to our blog to stay informed of all upcoming workshops.